Disclaimer: The information, articles, and tips portrayed on this blog, while based on research, do not constitute medical advice. The opinions expressed are meant to educate and inform, but not to dictate lifestyle choices or personal beliefs. These articles are meant to provoke thought on issues surrounding college health and to inform the Hopkins community of healthy information and resources.

11.21.2012

Hump Day is full of thanks

11.21.2012


With Thanksgiving tomorrow, we began reflecting on the importance of thankfulness.  We started to list reasons why we are thankful and came up with things like our health, family, friends, educational opportunities, being at a beautiful campus each day, and getting to talk to interesting people about what we're passionate about- health!

Since today is Hump Day we wanted to focus on being thankful for current relationships and relationship statuses.  Respond on Facebook or in the comments with reasons why you're thankful this Thanksgiving Eve for your relationships/statuses. 

To get you started-- here are some things to be thankful for -- for those in a relationship:

I am thankful to have my partner in my life.

I am thankful that my partner listens well..

I am thankful that my partner likes to dance.

I am thankful for skype-- to keep my partner and I close, even when we're far apart.


For those who are single:

I am thankful to have options when it comes to dating.

I am thankful to have flexibility in my life and not have to check with anyone else when wanting to change my plans.

I am thankful to avoid "couple drama".

I am thankful to have time with my friends without feeling like someone is calling for my attention.



For those who prefer to be undefined:

I am thankful to go unlabeled.

I am thankful for those who have shaped my past and who will be a part of my future.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be social, date, and whatever else may be in store.

I am thankful for good friends to laugh at awkward moments.






Wherever you fall-- let us know what you are thankful for.  And be sure to share what you are thankful for with someone else, your significant other, friend, family member, whoever.  Start the thankful conversation and let the positive energy spread!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving break!

0 comments: