Why would the female condom be so effective or even preferred for use? Here are some considerations...
- They are easy to get (we have them for free in the CHEW office! Come by and get one or buy one at a local store for about $2-$4/each).
- Can be a great alternative for those allergic to latex male condoms
- Does not require the woman to use a hormonal birth control
- No Rx required
- Can be inserted up to 8 hours prior to use
- Better with lubricants (we have that too)!
- Can be inserted by a partner or the wearer
- Allows the woman to be involved in the protection against STIs and pregnancy
Want to give it a whirl? Come by the CHEW office in Levering or look for a Hump Day table with PEEPs to score one for yourself! And be on the lookout- researchers are working on making different versions right now... imagine the possibilities.