If you smoke and have disrupted sleep, this may be yet another reason why you should quit for your health and well-being.
- Maintain a standard bedtime for each day.
- Set your alarm for the same time each day.
- Walk for ten minutes a day or take regular exercise each day.
- Set your thermostat for a comfortable bedroom temperature.
- Turn off the TV, radio and otherwise keep your bedroom quiet.
- Close your curtains/drapes and maintain a bedroom dark enough to sleep.
- Don't watch TV, eat or read in bed. Use your bed for sleep and sex.
Minimize Monday tip: Springtime warmth is finally here. Which brings us to this tip: before getting in your car, think to yourself whether you could really just walk or bike the distance (or even just take a bus). Save money on gas and use more sustainable modes of transportation while enjoying the weather.